UPDATE (5/22/2020): The mail-in voting deadline has passed. You can still cast your vote!
In-person voting begins May 26 through June 2. Learn more at: www.leahmcgrath.com/in-person-voting-updates-for-primary-election
In response to COVID-19, the Indiana Election Commission voted on March 25, 2020 to move the Primary Election from May 5 to June 2, and to allow any registered voter the ability to vote absentee by mail.
The deadline to request a ballot by mail is May 21. If you are interested in voting absentee by mail, here are the steps to request a ballot:
1. Go to IndianaVoters.in.gov
- Click “Vote By Mail or Traveling Board”
- Click “Visit My Voter Portal,” and securely log in with your name, date of birth and county
- On the left navigation bar, select “Absentee Voting,” and then click “Vote By Mail”
2. Complete the “Application for Absentee Ballot by Mail Only For 2020 Primary Election” Form
- Select a Republican ballot
- Check that you authorize your signature to be added to the application
- Click “Submit Application”
3. Receive your Ballot & Vote! Once you have submitted your Application for an Absentee Mail-In Ballot, you should receive a ballot within a week to 10 days. You must return your completed ballot by noon on June 2, 2020.
Alternatively, you can download an application to request a ballot here, and return the application via mail to your local county office. Local addresses can be found on page 2 of the application.
NOTE: If you request a mail-in ballot but later decide to vote in person, you must bring your mail-in ballot with you to the polls. When you check in to vote, it will be noted in the system that you requested an absentee mail-in ballot. Poll workers should ask for your mail-in ballot and destroy it before allowing you to vote in person. This is to ensure voters are not inadvertently voting twice: once by mail and another in person.
Indiana’s Voter Portal is a great resource. There, you can learn more about voting options and see who will be on your ballot. You can also confirm whether you are Registered to Vote. The deadline to Register to Vote was also amended for the 2020 Primary Election to be May 4, 2020.
If you know someone who would like to connect with Leah or learn more about her campaign for State Representative, please let us know. Email Leah directly at email@example.com.
Every vote and every voice counts! Thank you for your support and interest. Stay safe and be well.